The Examiner -- On Thursday, outgoing Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Gen. Martin Dempsey, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told senators on Capitol Hill that President Obama was not present the night that four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens, were killed in an attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya.
According to their testimony, the two men met with Obama at 5:00 p.m. on Sept. 11. That meeting lasted 30 minutes, they said. Afterward, they did not hear from anyone at the White House, including the president.
"A Defense Department timeline says that Panetta and Dempsey had been informed of the terrorist attack in Benghazi at 4:32 p.m.--28 minutes before they went into their meeting with Obama. At today's hearing, Panetta said he informed Obama of the attack when they entered their 5:00 p.m. meeting. That was one hour and 18 minutes after the attack started and while it was ongoing," CNS News said.
Panetta told Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) that Obama left operational details "up to us."
"Did you have any further communications with him that night?" Sen. Ayotte asked.
"No," Panetta said.
Blog author's comments - What has been ignored by the mainstream media and made clear in Congressional hearings from President Obama’s Defense Secretary, the president did nothing after attending a half-hour meeting on the deadly terrorist attacks at Benghazi, Libya on the 9/11 anniversary. This is not how leaders conduct themselves with high-ranking diplomats and servicemen in harm’s way.
The president was scheduled to hold the intelligence meeting at 10:50 a.m. Wednesday, the day after the attacks, but it was canceled so that he could comfort grieving employees at the State Department. But instead of rescheduling the intelligence briefing for later in the day, Obama apparently chose to skip it altogether and attend a Las Vegas fundraiser for his re-election campaign.