What The California Congressman WISHES It Said
Rep. Adam Schiff has long been a Trump hater. But he took that hatred to an all new high as he chaired a House Intelligence Committee hearing on Thursday featuring testimony from acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire.
Midway through his opening statement, the California Democrat decided to deliver a “parody” of what transpired in a July 25 phone call between President Trump and Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky. Democrat Schiff lied..in front of the Intelligence Committee, the Director of National Intelligence and the American people.
He did not address what was actually said by President Trump to Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky.
“What happened on the call?” Schiff said.
Between Trump and Ukraine President
House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) performed an entirely made-up conversation between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky during his opening statement at a committee hearing Thursday morning.
The White House released a transcript of a phone call between Trump and Zelensky on Wednesday, but Schiff made up and fabricated his own transcript that he read at the hearing, which sought to create a quid pro quo that Democrats have accused the president of making.
“This is the essence of what the president communicates,” Schiff began.
“We’ve been very good to your country. Very good. No other country has done as much as we have. But you know what? I don’t see much reciprocity here. I hear what you want. I have a favor I want from YOU though. And I’m going to say this only seven times so you better listen good,” Schiff read from his fabricated conversation.
“I want you to make up dirt on my political opponent, understand? Lots of it,” he continued.
“On this and on that. I’m gonna put you in touch with people and not just any people,” he continued, affecting an accent meant to resemble Trump’s. “I’m going to put you with the attorney general of the United States, my attorney general Bill Barr. He’s got the whole weight of the American law enforcement behind him.”
“And I’m gonna put you in touch with Rudy, you’re gonna love him, trust me,” Schiff said, still avoiding any real quotations from the transcript. “You know what I’m asking, so I’m only going to say this a few more times, in a few more ways. And by the way don’t call me again. I’ll call you when you’ve done what I’ve asked.”
Schiff said of his made-up conversation, “This is in sum and character what the president was trying to communicate.”
Republican lawmakers slammed Schiff for making up the conversation entirely, instead of going off the transcript of what was actually said between Trump and Zelensky.
Rep. Mike Turner (R-OH) called the statement “fiction”: While the chairman was speaking, I actually had someone text me, ‘Is he just making this up?’ And yes, yes he was. Because sometimes fiction is better than the actual words or the text. But luckily the American people are smart. They have the transcript, they’ve read the conversation, they know when someone is just making it up.
After Turner’s scolding, Schiff said his “summary of the president’s call was at least meant to be in part parody.”
He added, “The fact that that’s not clear is a separate problem in and of itself. Of course the president never said, “If you didn’t understand me, I’m going to say it seven more times.’ My point is, that’s the message the Ukrainian president was receiving in not so many words.”
Rep. Brad Wenstrup (R-OH) accused Schiff of being intentionally misleading. “I think it’s a shame that we started off this hearing with fictional remarks — the implication of a conversation that took place between a president and foreign leader, putting words into it that didn’t exist, they’re not in the transcript.
But that’s not what transpired in the phone call — not even close.
In a transcript of the call released Tuesday, here’s exactly what Trump said regarding Biden’s son:
“I heard you had a prosecutor who was very good and he was shut down and that’s really unfair. A lot of people are talking about that, the way they shut your very good prosecutor down and you had some very bad people involved. Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man. He was the mayor of New York City, a great mayor, and I would like him to call you. I will ask him to call you along with the Attorney General. Rudy very much knows what’s happening and he is a very capable guy. If you could speak to him that would be great. The former ambassador from the United States, the woman, was bad news so I just want to let you know that. The other thing, There’s a lot of talk about Biden’s son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it … It sounds horrible to me.”
That’s it. He never demanded Zelensky “investigate” Biden’s son, simply asks him to if he can “look into it.”
More Schiff: We Will Now Be Bringing in the Whistleblower For Testimony.
Rep. Adam Schiff: "We're obviously going to be bringing the whistleblower in." https://t.co/fUBRdsHDCG pic.twitter.com/PYVWabMAxr
— ABC News (@ABC) September 26, 2019
Lists Partisan Whistleblower's Numerous Errors and Lies
As Devin Nunes said in his opening statement: This operation began with media reports—from the prime instigators of the Russian collusion hoax—that a whistleblower is claiming President Trump made a nefarious “promise” to a foreign leader. The released transcript of the call has already debunked that central assertion, but that didn’t matter. The Democrats simply moved the goalposts and began claiming that there doesn’t need to be a quid pro quo for this conversation to serve as the basis for impeaching the president.
Rep. John Ratcliffe destroyed all hopes for impeachment during his questioning of DNI Maguire.
of a "Quid Pro Quo" in Trump Ukraine Call
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 25, 2019
Violation of Campaign Finance Law in Trump Ukraine Call
WATCH: @PeteWilliamsNBC reports on the call between President Trump and Ukraine President Zelenskiy. https://t.co/jDzMS6fIVA pic.twitter.com/xaRTOPYpgZ
— NBC News (@NBCNews) September 25, 2019
Williams reports that CAREER Justice Department Lawyers looked into the call and found there was NO violation of law – specifically Campaign Finance Law – in what was said.
into Firing a Prosecutor Looking into His Son's Shady Dealings
Here’s Joe Biden bragging about how he threatened to pull $1 billion in loan guarantees from Ukraine if it didn’t immediately fire Prosecutor General Viktor, who was leading a corruption investigation into a company that employed Biden's son, Hunter pic.twitter.com/rNr7UT50F9 #maga
— Matt Batzel (@MattBatzel) September 23, 2019



No comments:
Post a Comment