Harris County Sheriff Mike Jolley does it again - creating a bold welcome sign that’s now going viral.
The sign reads, “Our citizens have concealed weapons. If you kill someone, we might kill you back. We have ONE jail and 356 cemeteries. Enjoy your stay!”
This isn’t the first time Sheriff Jolley’s welcome sign went viral. In November 2015, Jolley posted a sign that he deemed “politically incorrect” that read, “Warning: Harris County is politically incorrect. We say Merry Christmas, God Bless America and In God We Trust. We Salute our troops and our flag. If this offends you... Leave!"
Sheriff Jolley paid for the 2015 sign himself because of his passion behind the message.
According to the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer, the sign is posted outside Harris County Sheriff Mike Jolley's office. He reportedly pays for the signs with his own money and switches them up every eight months or so.
"The verbiage of this is just tongue-in-cheek to the fact that we have a lot of concealed weapon cards going out right now, and I truly believe in my citizens in the county protecting themselves, that if someone comes up here and tries to harm them, they will use [their weapon] in a lawful manner," he said.
Jolley insists the feedback on this sign has been "98 or 99 percent supportive," but he's caused some controversy with previous signs.
(Via: WTVM)
Blog Author's Comments: Excellent sign, I think it's great, this should cause many liberals’ heads to explode. I wonder if he has a brother who can run for sheriff of my nearby city. But, they have a problem of being way too politically correct, as are most of the larger cities. Obviously, Sheriff Mike Jolley understands the world. And I wonder what their crime rate numbers are? I'm sure I would enjoy my stay there. I like to feel safe when I visit places. Many states and cities may be far more civil with such a message posted at their boundaries.

No comments:
Post a Comment