Breitbart -- Calls for Democratic Missouri State Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal to resign are rolling in following her now-deleted Facebook post about hoping for President Donald Trump’s assassination, and the Secret Service confirms it is investigating.
Chappelle-Nadal has been defiant, saying she is “not resigning,” and although she apologized for the assassination post, she is now calling for Trump’s impeachment.
“I am not resigning . . . What I said was wrong, but I am not going to stop talking about what led to that, which is the frustration and anger that many people across America are feeling right now,” Chapelle-Nadal told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
“No, I don’t want to see anyone assassinated, but he should not be president, he should be impeached,” Chappelle-Nadal told St. Louis TV station KMOV:
"I am not resigning. When People Of Color are respected by this White House and they are willing to do real work, I'll sit down with them. People are traumatized!"
But her fellow Democrats are calling for her to step down.
“I condemn it,” Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO) said in an emailed statement to the Post-Dispatch. “It’s outrageous. And she should resign.”
Rep. William Lacy Clay (D-MO) also said Chappelle-Nadal should go.
“Calling for the assassination of the president is a federal crime,” Clay said, adding, She’s “an embarrassment to our state” and “she should resign immediately.”
According to CNN:
Stephen Webber, chairman of the Missouri Democratic Party, said, “State Senator Chappelle-Nadal’s comments are indefensible. All sides need to agree that there is no room for suggestions of political violence in America — and the Missouri Democratic Party will absolutely not tolerate calls for the assassination of the President. I believe she should resign.The Republican governor of Missouri has also joined the resignation chorus.
“We can have differences in our country, but no one should encourage political violence. The senator should resign,” Gov. Eric Greitens said in a statement.
Now, the Secret Service has confirmed it is investigating Chapelle-Nadal’s posts.
“The St. Louis Field Office of the Secret Service is looking into the comments,” Secret Service spokeswoman Cathy Milhoan said in a statement to CNN. “The Secret Service investigates all threats against the President, Vice President, and other protectees, whether they be direct, implied or comments in passing,” she added.
Blog Author's Comments: I will be very surprised if anything actually happens to her, she is Black and they will let her slide. Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO), Rep. William Lacy Clay (D-MO), Stephen Webber, chairman of the Missouri Democratic Party and Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens, they are giving voice to this for show. If all of these officials actually wanted her to go, she would have already been told to stay home until they decide how to officially oust her, and she should be gone.
She made a terroristic threat. She said people are traumatized? After 8 years of liberals getting away with breaking law after law, they are traumatized? I had to chuckle when Michelle Obama said she didn't feel "safe" anymore after Trump won. Many people haven't felt safe since at least 2010 and maybe earlier. They did not feel safe under the Obama Administration.
Gun ownership and gun sales reached historic records during his time in office and that speaks volumes. I suppose the governor cannot just remove her. The state congress may have to vote to remove her, good luck with that. If convicted of terroristic threats this worthless person can and should be removed. But, as a Democrat this will look good on her political resume. And I don't expect the Secret Service to take any action against her. The Russia and Trump collusion scam went nowhere for now, hence the new racist narrative. We saw it blow up via the media and Democrats, after Charlottesville when President Trump was unjustly criticized over saying what he should have said, which was the truth.

No comments:
Post a Comment