Al Sharpton of the Republican Party and a Clown"
Monday on Fox news 'Special Report' Krauthammer wrote off Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman as serious possible GOP candidates for 2012 and said that "Donald Trump is the Al Sharpton of the Republican Party, provocateur and clown, unserious. I think he is going to harm the party." (Video)
Blog author's comments - I have always had much respect for Charles Krauthammer's comments and opinions, but for the last year or more he will write and say some things which I totally disagree with.
Krauthammer certainly deserves his opinion, but whatever drawbacks there could be to nominating Trump, he is no clown. How can Charles Krauthammer compare him to Sharpton who in my opinion is nothing more than a career race baiter bordering on criminal? Krauthammer also said he views Haley Barbour as a serious candidate.
That said, I understand why Trump is drawing the attention he is. He’s one of the few people, Sarah Palin included, who is unafraid to take Obama on in public. Many people fear Obama and want to get along with him even when he is pushing us toward a financial collapse.
I won't say that either Palin, Bachmann or Trump is the best person to lead us to a victory over the Obama administration in 2012. None of them have declared that they are running for the nomination. But, if there are a few 'shining stars' within the Republican ranks willing to run, let's get them out there. The country cannot stand another term with Obama at the helm.
As Rush Limbaugh mentioned today: Obama is beatable, Republicans! He's ripe for the taking if you just don't screw it up.
h/t: GWP
No comments:
Post a Comment