Sunday, January 30, 2011

Speaker John Boehner on Fox News with Wallace


Chris Wallace of Fox News Interviews Speaker John Boehner

I don't watch 'Fox News Sunday' but found this video of today's show. I assume Speaker Boehner was also interviewed concerning more important subjects than what is covered by Chris Wallace here.

He asked John Boehner why he tears up at times and why he does not stop smoking. I don't find these two questions to be newsworthy but I guess Wallace did. If some things touch Mr. Boehner to make him tear up, I assume he is an emotional person. Some people may view this as a weakness but that is their problem.

I also don't care if Speaker Boehner smokes. Tobacco is still legal and if Boehner wants to smoke that is his business. I would question Chris Wallace if he has ever asked Barack Obama why he does not stop smoking or more importantly, lying to us.

I thought Speaker John Boehner handled the interview well.




Blog author's comments - I have covered most of my comments above the video. I do not think Wallace was disrespectful during his questioning.

With the shape our country is currently in I would think most Americans at times feel emotional or feel like hitting something. As for John Boehner smoking, for now we are still a free country but that seems to be changing.

Hopefully John Boehner will be a strong leader and at times getting teary eyed should not diminish his skills simply because he’s an emotional person. I don’t think Wallace attacked him, but it was a bit strange to ask Boehner about smoking. If Wallace interviewed Pelosi, I wonder if he asked her about the Botox injections.

Consider the contrast between Obama and Boehner. On the question of smoking, Obama is always trying to quit but never does. Boehner says get over it, it’s legal. As for emotions, who is weak but most importantly, who is honest?


video via: gwp

No comments:

Post a Comment