Friday, September 3, 2010

Voted Obama? Embarrassed Yet?

Billboard buyer shares why he purchased 'Vote Obama?' sign.

OZARK, Mo. -- When it comes to politics, there may be as many opinions as cars cruising down U.S. 65. So, naturally, there are different reactions to a billboard south of Ozark that says "Voted Obama? Embarrassed yet?"

"I know the president didn't win down here, but there were a lot of people down here that voted for him, and I think I can speak for them and say we are not embarrassed yet," Matthew Patterson, executive director of the Greene County Democratic Central Committee, said in a telephone interview on Sunday.

"My partner and I felt lots of frustration here lately, and we liked that sign and we thought that was a reasonable question to ask," Steve Critchfield said in a telephone interview on Monday.

Critchfield and his business partner from Commercial One Brokers, a real estate firm in Branson, saw a similar sign online, bought it, and brought it to the Ozarks.


"I've certainly voted for people I'm embarrassed to say I've voted for," he said. "We're not naive enough to think that we wouldn't get someone to be upset. I'm just surprised how upset people are."

Critchfield says he's received death threats due to the sign; people accuse him of hate speech and racism. He insists the billboard was for something more American in the name of discourse, conversation, and old-fashioned debate.

"If everybody thinks President Obama's done a great job and they're very happy," he said, "then I guess they'd be buying billboards saying 'I'm proud to have voted for him.' That's what makes America great, isn't it?"

Blog author's comments - Hopefully the sign makers sell thousands of the above billboard. Apparently they are springing up in other states. I am a bit surprised that Obama has not made an attempt to stop this.

The business partners who purchased the sign were of course called racist. Whenever liberals don't care for an opinion which differs from their own, and it is aimed at Barack Hussein Obama, the race card is sure to appear.

This billboard is minor from the slamming of George W. Bush by the MSM during his presidency. They had a much larger audience of non-thinkers. Freedom to speak our opinions is what our forefathers fought so hard to give us. The Obama regime has tried to silence this whenever possible.

Let us hope the polls are accurate and there is significant change of power in Washington in November, and the Republicans use any power they may gain to their and our advantage.

This new campaign button should also be a big seller:


Via: ky3.com

No comments:

Post a Comment