Before I get started, let me make clear that I’m not feeling sorry for myself. My life is blessed in many ways. As I continue in this crazy life I realize more and more about perception and how it is, indeed, reality. Look at our political landscape. There is nary an issue the left supports nor believes in that makes any sense yet millions upon millions swear by the ideology and will attack you mercilessly if you disagree. It doesn’t matter how you turn the phrase or how much proof you show. The fact is, they will only believe what they perceive to be right and will do all they can to denigrate you into oblivion. I face the same sort of thing in my life.
I have been blessed with a loud, deep voice and a pretty quick wit. It’s served me well in what I do and has also been the reason for angst on several occasions. The initial perception of me is I’m loud, arrogant, cocky, rude and without tact. Of course, the only truth there is that I’m loud. But, that doesn’t change the perception of many. I find that if I’m direct, that’s wrong. If I’m confident, that’s bad. If I’m unwilling to compromise my values or beliefs to make someone else feel better, I’m something *ist or *aphobic. But, my heart is always in the right place and I’m always out for the better good — almost never putting me first. Sounds untrue but it’s not.
That Should Be Forgiven? Zero!
Alarmism and Biden’s Radical Climate Policy
Racist About Calling Your Team the Indians


No comments:
Post a Comment