Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Rep. Trey Gowdy To AG Jeff Sessions:
Congress Will Investigate A Politicized DOJ

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) told Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Tuesday that Congress is opening an investigation on the politicized DOJ.

JH -- Under Attorney General Sessions the Department of Justice has ignored any criminal behavior by Hillary Clinton or the Obama administration while launching a Special Counsel to investigate Donald Trump and Russia — a complete Democrat Party hoax.


Trey Gowdy told Sessions Congress will investigate the Department of Justice.

Rep. Trey Gowdy: I get, I guess, that certain departments are inherently political. But the Department of Justice should not be. I tell you that up front that Chairman Goodlatte and I are going to be looking into the decisions made in 2016 and 2017. And I think I can speak for him and I know I can speak for myself my motivation is a love for that department.


Blog Author's Comments: At one time I considered Trey Gowdy among the few in Congress who I thought were good, hard-core lawmakers within the GOP - and I still do - who actually wanted to make a difference and attempt to go after some of the slime and muck that resides within our government and seems to grow even more rapidly. People have asked about the hearings Gowdy has conducted and how many indictments, trials and convictions have resulted from all of his previous investigations? It is my understanding that Congress has little to no authority to prosecute. They can present the evidence they have accumulated and recommend that the Department of Justice make the decision to proceed with an indictment, but if the DOJ chooses to do nothing, then that is what happens, nothing. The people that should find themselves in deep trouble do not pay any penalty or suffer any consequences for their actions.

Because of AG Jeff Sessions - Rosenstein and Mueller have essentially taken over the Justice Department and now we and President Trump have lost one of our four short years to actually make a difference in the country and to possibly secure for the Party and the country that they would have Trump for a second term. Sessions was a good Senator but has shown that he is an extremely weak Attorney General. Until he is gone and we see what the special counsel, Robert Mueller and his liberal group have come up with, nothing will have been done except what President Trump has been able to do on his own. This may indeed be the last chance the Republican Party had with full control of the government. But, because of the Russia Collusion scam, Mueller, and the infighting within the party the time is being wasted.

~ Links To More News ~

Trump Picks Immigration Hardliner Tom Homan As ICE Director

Some Fool House Dems Introduce Articles Of Impeachment Against Trump

Clown Al Franken Demands Social Media Censorship Over 'Russian Collusion'

No comments:

Post a Comment