Wednesday, July 13, 2011

More From The Lie Of The Day Archives

Lie: The Republicans are simply not willing to do anything but sit on their hands and cross their arms like spoiled children.
--DNC chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Shultz. Does she know that the GOP House passed a budget and the Democrat controlled Senate has not?

Lie: I don't worry about my reelection prospects right now.
--President Obama, who has not stopped campaigning since 2007.

Lie: I'm ready to roll up my sleeves.
--President Obama, who has said this time and time again while throwing out the same old, failing ideas.

Lie: If the wealthiest among us -- and I include myself in this category -- are willing to give up a little bit more, then we can solve this problem.
--President Obama. Apparently arithmetic is not his strength as you could tax everyone making $250,000 or more 100% and it still wouldn't close our budget gap.

Lie: They just want us to get something done that's sensible, that spreads the sacrifice and spreads the prosperity.
--White House Press Secretary Jay Carney. No, Americans want jobs, not more of this "sharing" that hasn't worked over the past two and a half years.

Lie: It is absolutely critical that we get a handle on our finances.
--President Obama. For him, getting a handle on our finances is so important he went to several fundraisers after scolding Congress about getting a debt deal done.

Lie: I want to make sure that I am not engaging in scare tactics and I've tried to be responsible and somewhat restrained so that folks don't get spooked.
--President Obama, who has informed us that the GOP wants to take away Grandma's health insurance to pay for corporate jet flights while they play chicken with our credit rating.

Lie: I believe in an America where our government lives within its means.
--President Obama, who has three consecutive $1 trillion deficits to his name.

Lie: We've got to start working like a team, instead of having the kind of squabbling we see in Washington all the time.
--President Obama, who has done nothing but make the budget debate as partisian as possible.


HT: Laura Ingraham

No comments:

Post a Comment