
mcr.org - MRC's Bozell Blasts NPR's "Outrageous" Firing of Juan Williams
National Public Radio (NPR) has fired longtime analyst Juan Williams for admitting he gets nervous on a plane when he sees a person dressed in Muslim garb.
Brent Bozell, Media Research Center (MRC) President, reacted:"Juan Williams has done nothing wrong. What he said echoes what the vast majority of Americans believe. It's their tax dollars that fund NPR. But NPR is ignoring them. Instead, they are kowtowing to the agenda of radical anti-Americans like CAIR, and doing the bidding of George Soros, who hates Fox News with a passion.
"We are preparing letters to the appropriate House and Senate oversight committees to request an investigation.
Blog author's comments - The liberals and their political correctness. Be careful what you say, because someone somewhere might be offended. Do you think political correctness has gone too far? The majority of Americans do.
However, nearly one in four of our countrymen think the country isn't sufficiently politically correct. We need to be even more careful about what we say to each other, lest someone is offended.
So, Juan Williams is wrong and is fired for thinking and saying "when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."
I feel the same way so I am also wrong and should not have the same thoughts?
**Update** - latimes.com - In wake of NPR controversy, Fox News gives Juan Williams an expanded role
The cable news network signs the analyst to a new three-year contract for nearly $2 million. Meanwhile, conservative figures blast the public radio network NPR for it's response to Williams' comments about Muslims.
No comments:
Post a Comment