Monday, August 23, 2010

The Young Conservative - A Rare Breed

Young Conservatives - They Seem Difficult To Find

On a recent vacation to Snowmass and Aspen Colorado, one cool morning my wife and I took the gondolas to the top of Aspen Mountain. It was a very scenic ride and there were beautiful views from the top of the mountain. My wife took the camera and went for a short hike and I went into the restaurant and purchased a cup of tea and sat outside enjoying the warm sun and great scenery.

A young man 16-17 years of age walked by, with I assumed his mother and an aunt. Even though it was cool he was wearing the above t-shirt. I got his attention and asked to see his shirt. Later, I walked over to the outdoor table where they were seated and had a brief conversation with them.

We discussed politics and Al Gore. He said "Al Gore is a total creep." I could not disagree with him.

We also talked about the new electric car which 'Obama motors' aka Chevrolet is now producing - the 'Volt'. The cost is over $40,000 and it travels only 40 miles on a charge. After that, one either recharges it or a gasoline generator takes over to produce the electricity to power the car. So, after 40 miles you are now burning gasoline.

The government is spending millions via the 'Stimulus Bill' to help fund this boondoggle of a project.

The 'Volt' is being produced because of the Global Warming scam which Gore has made millions from and set himself up as the expert. It is amazing how many people have bought into to this, including our liberal government.

It was refreshing to meet and talk to a young conservative. They are becoming a rare breed especially with the brain washing the students now receive in both high school and college.

I told the young man I wanted to take his picture and get a close up of his shirt but my wife had the camera with her. Before she came back from her hike he and his family members waved goodbye and boarded one of the gondolas to Aspen. I found his shirt on-line.

Blog author's comment - To learn more about the electric car, the Volt see this post on this blog. I won't waste my time or yours with any further information concerning Al Gore.

No comments:

Post a Comment