Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Top Ten Questions To Ask A Liberal
Downtrend - by Brian Anderson -- To say that I don’t understand liberals would be an understatement. It’s not just that I disagree with them on everything; I can’t even comprehend where they are coming from. It’s inconceivable to me that a person could think the way a liberal does. In an effort to gain some insight into the liberal mind, I’ve compiled this list of questions I hope one of them can answer:
10. How many people should we let into this country? Liberals want amnesty for the 11-20 million illegal aliens currently living in America. Let’s say that happens, then what? Do we grant amnesty to the next 20 million illegals that come looking for a better life? There are over 7 billion people on the planet, most of which would certainly have a better life if they moved to the US. I’ll ask again: how many of these people should we let immigrate to our country?
9. How are rules that apply equally to everyone discriminatory and racist? Liberals say that everything from the justice system to education is racist. They whine that voting laws that apply to everyone equally are somehow discriminatory. Why? I have no idea. If everyone is playing by the same rules there is no disputing that the playing field is level.
8. How are rules that only apply to one group of people not discriminatory and racist? Affirmative Action set quotas for minorities in hiring and college admissions. Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper program gives funds and opportunities to people of color. There are literally hundreds of liberal programs available to minorities only. Do not disadvantaged white people deserve the same help?
7. Do you know what a pyramid scheme is? Wikipedia tells us: A pyramid scheme is an unsustainable business model that involves promising participants payment or services, primarily for enrolling other people into the scheme, rather than supplying any real investment or sale of products or services to the public. The people at the bottom of the pyramid do all of the paying and never reap any benefits. Sounds an awful lot like ObamaCare, doesn’t it? In the private sector a pyramid scheme is fraud but when the government does it it’s called progress.
6. Why is it okay to kill unborn children but wrong to kill convicted murderers? Liberals love abortion but hate the death penalty. Seems a little hypocritical since both involve the taking of a human life.
5. How does stagnating growth stimulate the economy? High taxes and needless regulations are two things liberal lawmakers can’t get enough of. They are also the two things that hurt business growth the most. I don’t know if the libs are aware of this, but businesses are those things that give people jobs. When people have jobs, they have money to spend. Our economy grows when more people have jobs and spend money. This is not my opinion; it’s a fact.
4. Does it make sense to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result? The social safety net, which includes welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, and a whole host of liberal entitlements, has failed in its stated goal to pull people out of poverty. Instead, these programs have had the opposite effect, creating generations of people that are utterly dependent on government handouts. If these programs don’t work, why should we continue them? Do liberals think that they’re bound to work eventually? Even worse, they want to expand these failed programs. Now that really is the definition of insanity.
3. How will punishing law-abiding people stop criminals from breaking the law? Every liberal gun control law either passed or proposed places arbitrary restrictions on law-abiding citizens. These laws don’t apply to criminals because, by their very nature, they don’t follow laws. If someone is going to commit a murder or assault, do you think they care if their weapon of choice isn’t compliant to the local ordinance? No one has ever said, “I was going to rob that liquor store but the only gun I have holds more than seven rounds and that’s illegal in New York.”
2. How can you count to ten if you skip the number two? The first ten amendments of the US Constitution are known as the Bill Of Rights. These enumerated rights were laid down by our Founding Fathers because they felt each of them was essential to ensure we live in a free society. Liberals are enamored with all of them except the 2nd, which guarantees our right to keep and bear arms. They say all of the other amendments confer individual rights, yet claim the 2nd Amendment is a collective right that allows only the government to possess arms. Why would the Framers list 9 individual rights, and one government right? Liberals also don’t seem to understand that the 2nd Amendment protects all the others. Tyrants can’t take speech and voting rights away from an armed populace.
1. Why was George W. Bush a bad President but Barack Obama is a good one? To liberals, George W. Bush was the Devil incarnate. Their biggest beefs were the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the bank bailout, and Guantanamo Bay torture. When Obama took office he escalated the war in Afghanistan, gave even bigger bailouts, and after 5 years in office still hasn’t closed Guantanamo Bay. On top of that, Obama ignores the Constitution, spies on every single American, kills women and children with drone strikes, and has saddled the country with a health care law that will bankrupt the middle class and require an insurance company bailout of epic proportions. I’d say, even to liberals, Bush Jr. looks pretty good by comparison.
Blog author’s comments - Most liberals won’t have concrete answers to the above questions. Hence the complete failure of the policies they believe in and their ideology. They're not interested in facts, logic, or engaging in productive conversation, their objective is to silence everyone else with pre-approved one liner's like, "war on women!" "Racism," "white conservatives are ignorant," "Bush's fault" and "Republicans don't pay their fair share," just to name a few.
I have yet to see anyone who calls themselves a liberal provide any real solutions to the country's problems, yet they insist that they're right and place the blame for all that is wrong with the country on conservatives. Haven't the past five years proven them wrong? But, it's the loudest among us who receives the most attention, and with most of the mainstream media believing, backing and promoting the liberal ideas those of us who don’t agree with them have only one major network news organization and conservative talk radio to get out our message.
Hopefully the mess and destruction of our health care system and the numerous scandals by Obama and his administration with the Affordable Care Act, Benghazi, the IRS scandal and others, have changed some voters' minds about following the liberal politicians and the Democratic Party. We will know after the November election.